Share Ideas to Make Shedul Even Better :-)

Online Booking: Set Time Slots

Please could we have an option to only allow clients to book on the hour or half hour times for online booking? Just like you have the option for calendar settings displayed. If people don't want this, they don't have to. Thank you

314 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Online Booking Time Slots ⏲️

We’ve done it! We’ve updated the online booking time slots to allow for 15, 20, 30 mins and 1h intervals!

This way, you can be more flexible on how granular your online booking availability shows.

To set this up, head to “Online Booking” > “Settings” and remember to save your changes.

If you cannot find these tabs, please email us at info@shedul.com

81 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to only allow users to book at pre-defined slot start times? I use set appointment slots and do not want them having the option of choosing a start time that I do not offer. Could you also please add a 45 minute slot option?

For example:
    I only want users to be able to book a slot at the following times: 9.15am, 10am, 10.45am, 11.30am, etc. I do not want them to be able to pick out random start times as my slots are defined for the whole week.

Looking forward to your feedback.

• Claire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really needing an option to set in to on the hour or half hour, means im going to have 15 mins dotted about everywhere!

• Pedro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need that too as I work on hour slots I cannot accept appointments at 10:15 for example it has to be at 10

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I made a similar suggestion before reading the comments here that would meet mos of the needs of the people commenting here. My suggestion: "Staff selection of online start time periods"
    Please allow each staff member to select appointment periods for online booking. Staff members would be able to select 1 hour, 30 minute, 20 minute or 15 minute apointment periods wih corresponding start times shown in online bookings. The present system of 15 minute starting time slots does not work well with my 30 minute and 20 minute appointment times. Under the current system, if a client books a 30 minute appointment at 10:15 it results in an inefficent schedule with too much down time.

This solution would also meet the requirements of the 4th ranked (284 votes now) request "Online Booking: Set Time Slots" but would allow greater flexibily with individual staff selection and 4 time periods available. The sticky appointment idea is valuable but does not meet the need of matching start times with appointment lengths.

Please allow each staff member to select appointment periods for online booking. Staff members would be able to select 1 hour, 30 minute, 20 minute or 15 minute apointment periods wih corresponding start times shown in online bookings. The present system of 15 minute starting time slots does not work well with my 30 minute and 20 minute appointment times. Under the current system, if a client books a 30 minute appointment at 10:15 it results in an inefficent schedule with too much down time.

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to avoiding unnecessary gaps, I'd like to be able to allocate different services to different times. For example, initial consultations from 8am-10am; standard consultations from 10am-12pm. So, the type of service selected by the client determines the available times that are shown to them.

just to clarify what we all need here, its really very simple and would take a programmer a few hours to implement.
    1. In services section for each service, time slots allocation option 30min.1hr/1hr.30/2hr
    We get to choose the slots that should then display on the booking calendar ex:
    9am free 10am free 11am free 12pm taken etc.
    2. for services that take for ex 3 hrs etc. we need a way to maximize our day so that 9am/12pm/3pm/6pm slots show as availabale. And the clients cannot ruin our bookings.|
    Anyone else care to add?

uh after leaving it for 6 months i came back with hope that schedul would be much more functional. after adding all my inventory the all day i was very disappointing to notice the Online Bookings does not even have this basic feature.
    Its just very unusable. there is no way in hell im letting clients pick whatever time they want. I dont mind if clients want to book on the hour every hour, as that allows a cleaner booking roster. But letting them book every 15 minutes is business suicide, we will have gaps everywhere where we cant do anything. oh well back to pen and paper again...

• Mo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so frustrating. The app is so smooth and integrates well with the website and social media but can no way use it until there comes an option to give time slots to customers what I want to and not the whole day.

Our treatments are usually 2 hours long and start from 10 am - 8 pm. So we can only have a maximum of 5 booking per day per treatment, the slots being 10, 12, 2, 4, & 6 o clock.
    With the lack of customisation in the slots, a customer can book a treatment at 10:15, 11:15 and any random time slots, if he/she wishes, and reduce my maximum 5 Bookings potential.

THIS APP IS AMAZING BUT TILL THIS FEATURE IS NOT ADDED, I DONT THINK ANY BUSINESS WOULD PUT AS THEIR PRIMARY BOOKING APP

Stickies are not necessary for my business but restricting bookings to on the hour or half past the hour is. Surely it is simple to give us the option of setting the booking increments the same as the calender options. I think that's what everyone here is asking for. Rescheduling clients appointments is not good customer service.

• Lauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customers can only select times that are right after another appointment or a closed period. So when I have quiet days it doesn’t look like I’ve got loads of space

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't I change when a client can book for online bookings. 15 min leaves me with lost times. I can do it the calender on my end, why not the other end. I pick which services can be booked on line, why not the times they can be booked in.
    I've read about sticky appointments but that doesn't suit my salon.
    I was also told to put a note for the client when they book. I've looked into it and the note is small and AFTER they have selected a time.
    Most of my services work in 30 min slots. I need to keep my calender working the same way.
    This is what is holding me back from using online bookings.

• Jules Evans-Nugteren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have one more time frame of 30 minutes that clients could schedule their appointments. Right now it jumps from none to 1 hour. Then goes up in increments of 1 hour.

Seems everyone just wants the half hour or on the hour options available please? How come it can't be changed like with the calendar that you choose whether its in 15 minute slots, or half hour instead???

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base