Share Ideas to Make Shedul Even Better :-)

Credit Card Integration and Deposits: Online Booking

being able to take deposits

1,789 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Technician A shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminJustyne (Admin, Shedul) responded  · 

We’re developing an even better solution than the client having to pay deposits. We’re building a client facing application so they can “manage their bookings” including reschedule, rebook and cancel but it’s attached to their card details. As it’s all live bookings, it’s automatically confirmed.

They’ll be reminded through the application to give them a chance to change the service details so there’s no need to re-confirm.

If they no-show, you’ll have the choice to apply a no show fee or cancellation fee as you have their card details.

This way, the clients are not blocki from booking but you’re still protected.

Countries to have payments enabled first will be:
    UK
    Ireland
    USA
    Canada
    Australia
    New Zealand

353 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ray commented  · 

I really hope you pick your own payment gateway. Stripe is a huge contender and quite frankly, I wouldn't use this feature if it meant being locked into excessive rates by Shedul.

• Judith commented  · 

Can you advise whether this is likely to become a compulsory feature of online bookings. I currently enjoy excellent rates with WorldPay for card processing and your proposed 2.9% + 20p per transaction would almost quadruple my costs! I also use Stripe to accept online payments through my web store and even their charges are only 1.4% + 20p. Would it be possible to limit the charge to a booking deposit only rather than a client's entire bill?

• Anonymous commented  · 

also how can we explain to the clients that we cannot see their card details for security purposes. can you give an explanation how this protects them and us re security/fraud etc

• Anonymous commented  · 

also how can we explain to the clients that we cannot see their card details for security purposes. can you give an explanation how this protects them and us re security/fraud etc

• Anonymous commented  · 

also can we explain to the clients that we cannot see their card details for security purposes. can you give an explanation how this protects them and us re security/fraud etc

• Anonymous commented  · 

this is great
        when do you believe this will become active?

• Kelly commented  · 

Can you please provide an estimated go live date with this application in Australia?
        Also, are clients able to pay by PayPal when they book online?

• Anonymous commented  · 

can i ask when as we are being crippled with no shows? All phone bookings pay A BOOKING FEE BUT NOT ON LINE???

• Anon commented  · 

Can I link my square payment reader to this at all ??

• Anonymous commented  · 

This has been in the planning stages for over a year now. Everytime I inquire about this feature I am told "its coming in the next 6-8 weeks" so when is it really coming?

• Nael commented  · 

When will this credit card payment processing be available?

• Kim Hosking commented  · 

Please have deposits inbuilt to the booking sales system We have 100% payment of service for online booking and would like it for all bookings as this has dramatically decreased our no shows. HTML Paypal / stripe would be a fantastic option even if it was just a temporary one.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Could HTML be allowed in the email message section? This way we could put in a link to paypal or other payment processor.

• Kelli commented  · 

My business takes deposits for appointments regardless of how they book. No deposit, no appointment, even in person scheduling. Deposits need to be built into the sales system on services. If I wanted to hold card details, I would just use Square's appointment system.

• Luis commented  · 

I would love to see this happening soon.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Some of us want to charge deposits though so how is just having the card details better?
        If I have to go in Everytime someone makes an appt and charge it manually that would defeat the purpose of me using the software.
        I'd like to have the option to decide what to charge and when as well as for which services

• vargas.maryjane commented  · 

hi, any updates on the credit card integration and deposits??????

• Anonymous commented  · 

Surely we wouldn't be able to keep clients bank card details especially with the new GDPR that's starting on the 25th May? Will there be extra security for this new feature as in who would have access to the card details in order to take a payment for a no show fee for example?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Feedback and Knowledge Base