Share Ideas to Make Shedul Even Better :-)

Permissions: View Only Access

Please could you create an viewer user only the possibility to consulting appointment without acces to add or created or resheduled an appointement

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pascal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminJustyne (Admin, Shedul) responded  · 

We have introduced new permissions for “Can book appointments” and “Can checkout sales”, so owners can easily grant access to all actions related to appointment and sales modifications.

When disabling these two permission levels, your staff member will have “View Only” access as they will be unable to edit, add or check out appointments :)

Head to “Staff” > “Permission Levels”

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have a view only mode permission level so that staff cannot edit appointment that are booked up at reception. We are finding that sometimes by accident stuff are rescheduling or cancelling appointments by clicking around on the computer because they do not necessarily know what they are doing. We have one computer at the front where reception books all the appointments and then a computer at the back where staff use their appointment. It would be nice for the receptionist at the front to login using their own account and have a booking and reports full permission level. The staff in the back should have a view-only only level where they cannot edit anything.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be excellent for therapists to see the schedule without accidentally adjusting / deleting / moving bookings. Edit should be ideally only possible for the admin and owner

• Elizma Hoffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have a schedule view for the staff where they can see the daily bookings but are not able to make any changes. It has happened with us that the junior staff will view their schedule in the pantry and accidently move or extend bookings.
        A second thing that would be great is to have a record of who has changed a specific booking.

• Daniel. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it should be calendar with separate login allow the staff to see all appointments but restrict to see names, phone numbers emails etc.. just to protect data. Staff shouldn't be able to see customers data outside the Salon/Spa. This is the biggest issue of all cloud based booking system at the moment.

• Rachel :) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Might be related to but a little different than this:
        https://shedul.uservoice.com/forums/224306-suggest-new-features/suggestions/17643604-permissions-view-only-access

where I did post the following comment:

I need a "master calendar" for all my staff to view (approximately 80) but not be able to edit. I created a generic staff person named "Staff" to be able to keep up for them to see what services are on the schedule for them and what room they are assigned to, but they have editing capabilities and I need that to NOT be available. So a view only access of the "master calendar" would be great!

• Rachel :) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a "master calendar" for all my staff to view (approximately 80) but not be able to edit. I created a generic staff person named "Staff" to be able to keep up for them to see what services are on the schedule for them and what room they are assigned to, but they have editing capabilities and I need that to NOT be available. So a view only access of the "master calendar" would be great!

Feedback and Knowledge Base